- Palm Springs Fire Department – Memorial Ceremony at the 9/11 Memorial at 5:20 a.m.
- The Palm Springs Fire Department will keep its promise and assemble in remembrance of the tragic loss of life on September 11, 2001. Personnel will assemble at 5:20 a.m. in front of our 9/11 Memorial, located at 300 North El Cielo. .
- At 5:46 a.m., the exact time the first hijacked plane hit the North Tower, we will join in a minute of silence. After the moment of silence, we will hear from a retired FDNY firefighter from Ladder Co. 85. At exactly 6:34 a.m., the PSFD honor guard will ceremoniously lower the flag at the memorial at Half Staff. Please contact Captain Gunkel with any questions. Coffee and donuts will be offered.
- Desert Hot Springs – 11am Ceremony at 1 Club House Drive
- Veterans of Foreign Wars after 1534 and 3699 hold a ceremony at Desert Hot Springs at 11 a.m. on Sunday, September 11. The event will feature guest speakers, a Desert Hot Springs High School Choir of the National Anthem and a $10 pulled pork buffet.
- Patriotic plaques will be presented at the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department in Palm Desert, the Desert Hot Springs Police Department and Fire Station 37.
- The ceremony will take place at 1 Club House Drive in Desert Hot Springs.
- Palm Springs 9/11 Day of Unity free event at 3 p.m.
- 9/11 Day of Unity from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 480 Tramview Road, Palm Springs, CA, 92262
- We invite you all to join us for 9/11 Unity Day through service, entertainment and education at the James O. Jessie Desert Highland Unity Center!
We have prepared an afternoon filled with activities for all ages, music and unity. Nancy Irby has agreed to sing the national anthem and we look forward to meeting local city officials.
It has been over 20 years since 9/11, a day we promised never to forget. Join us as we honor those we have lost and heroes through acts of service and cross the divisions that extend beyond this day to inspire a life of service in all Americans.
Spend this day with us in remembrance of the lives lost on 9/11 and celebrate those who carried us through difficult times.
- Indio Town Hall Candlelight Vigil at 6 p.m.
- Indio City Hall will hold a candlelight vigil at 6 p.m. on Sunday, September 11. It will be led by community member Rudy Morales.
- La Quinta Candlelight Vigil at Civic Center Park beginning at 7 p.m.
- Join your neighbors at the 9/11 Candlelight Vigil to honor the victims of the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and Shanksville, Pennsylvania. There will also be a moment to reflect on the 13 soldiers who tragically lost their lives in the 2021 attack in Kabul, Afghanistan. This event will include musical performances, speeches from local dignitaries, and public art made from remnants of World Trade Center buildings.
If you know of any other local events or commemorative ceremonies, let us know. Send them to our email at [email protected]
Be the first to know when news breaks in Coachella Valley. Download the News Channel 3 app here.
News Channel 3 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.
Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can view our Community Guidelines by clicking here
If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.