Dozens of craft and food vendors, carnival rides and livestock shows line up for the annual Rapides Parish Fair this week.
It opens Wednesday and runs through October 16 at 8149 US 71 South in Alexandria.
Here’s what you need to know:
Tickets: General admission tickets are $2 at the door, free for children 5 and under. You can also buy tickets online at rapidsparishfair.org.
Mounted: The Midway will be open from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Wednesday, which will be a ticket discount day. All rides will cost one ticket less than regular admission. Trips require between two and five tickets. Individual tickets are $1 each. A group of 30 tickets costs $25. The price for 50 tickets is $40.
- Advance tickets are available at Cenla Broadcasting, with 50 advance tickets available through Thursday for $25, a savings of over 50% off the price of admission.
- Thursday night is Date Night, where two can ride for the price of one if they have a Date Night sticker. The midway will be open from 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday will be Armband Friday. The Midway will be open from 1 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Armbands for $22 allow visitors access to the rides from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. Customers can save $3 on armbands by donating to the local food bank.
- The midway will be open from 11 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Saturday. Armbands are $27.
- The fair ends on Sunday. Armbands will be available again at a cost of $27 for ride access from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
More local fun:Red River Chorale’s “Bridging Generations” will celebrate the heritage of choral singing
seniors day is 8:30 a.m. to noon Friday inside the state evacuation shelter. Health screenings and other activities for people aged 60 and over as well as residents of retirement homes will be available. Lunch will be served at 11:30 p.m. Everyone attending Seniors Day must have a ticket. Tickets are available at all Rapides Senior Citizens’ Centers and Pineville Senior Center, 209 Shamrock St. For more information, call (318) 487-1561.
Rapids parish competitions such as cooking, home crafts and animal exhibits return to the showroom from Tuesday to Saturday this year. A backyard nursery will be available this year.
The Rapides Parish 4-H Livestock Show will start on Monday and end on Saturday.
Car park: The Fairgrounds next to the State Evacuation Shelter just past the LSU-Alexandria campus. This year, the fair added an additional 1,320 parking spaces to the grounds. You can take the cart for free and get dropped off at the fairgrounds.
Information: Visit the Rapides Parish Fair Facebook page or rapidsparishfair.org.